The JMEC Program Schedule
The following are the relevant dates and deadlines for JMEC 23, the 2016 - 2017 program year.
Information Sessions are a way for potential participants to understand the JMEC program, speak with other potential participants and with JMEC Alumni. We highly recommend those interested in the program to attend one of these sessions.
Participant Application Deadline: October 25, 2016
Project Client Application Deadline: November 30, 2016. To qualify for the early bird discount, companies must apply and pay in full by September 30, 2016)
The schedule below is of June 23, 2016 and is subject to change.
Phase 1: Training and skills development (Nov 5, 2016 - May 13, 2017)
A series of lectures and workshops, with a strong practical emphasis on Japan market entry and on business planning, conducted by lecturers who are highly respected in their fields in the Japanese and foreign business communities.
- Lecture Days: Nov. 5, ,12, 19, 26, Dec 3, Jan. 7: each day begins at 9am and ends at 5pm
- Workshop Days: Jan. 21, Feb. 25, May 13: each day begins at 9am and ends at 1pm
Phase 2: Preparing a business plan (Jan 7 - May 13, 2017)
Under the guidance of an experienced mentor and a business consultant, each project team, consisting of about 5 or 6 young executives, develops a practical business plan for a project client. The business plan covers strategy, marketing, distribution, finance, organization, human resources and legal issues. The teams are also supported by the Program Director.
- Week of January 9: Project Clients meet with Team Mentor
- Week of January 15: Project Clients meet with JMEC Team
Phase 3: Judging (May 8 - May 25, 2016)
Business plans are judged on the basis of both written and oral presentations.
- Early May: Judges and Project Clients receive JMEC Business Plan
- May 27 and 28: Oral Presentations to JMEC judges
- May 30 to June 7: Oral Presentations to Project Clients
Phase 4: JMEC Awards Ceremony (June 7, 2017)
Winners are announced and prizes are awarded at this event for over 200 people involved with JMEC.
Click here for a downloadable program schedule for the upcoming JMEC cycle.