Information Sessions are a way for potential participants to understand the JMEC program, speak with other potential participants and with JMEC Alumni. We highly recommend those interested in the program to attend one of these sessions. Click here for dates and location of informations sessions.
Participant Application Deadline: October 15.
Project Client Application Deadline: November 30. To qualify for the early bird discount, companies must apply and pay in full by September 30, 2016)
Phase 1: Training and skills development (Nov 9, 2019 - May 11, 2020)
A series of lectures and workshops, with a strong practical emphasis on Japan market entry and on business planning, conducted by lecturers who are highly respected in their fields in the Japanese and foreign business communities.
- Lecture & Workshop Days: Nov. 9,16, 23, 30, Dec. 7: each day begins at 9am and ends at 5pm
- Workshop Days: Jan. 11, 25, Feb. 22, April 18: each day begins at 9am and ends at 5pm
Phase 2: Preparing a business plan (Jan - May)
Under the guidance of an experienced mentor and a business consultant, each project team, consisting of about 5 or 6 young executives, develops a practical business plan for a project client. The business plan covers strategy, marketing, distribution, finance, organization, human resources and legal issues. The teams are also supported by the Program Director.
- Week of January 11: Teams meet with Project Clients and Team Mentor
Phase 3: Judging (May)
Business plans are judged on the basis of both written and oral presentations.
- Early May: Judges and Project Clients receive JMEC Business Plan
- End of May: Oral Presentations to JMEC judges
- May 30 to June 7: Oral Presentations to Project Clients
Phase 4: JMEC Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Winners are announced and prizes are awarded at this event for over 200 people involved with JMEC.