Hands-On Business Training in Japan in English
Often called a “Mini MBA”, the JMEC programs starts in November with a 5-week Saturday lecture series covering topics related to business plan writing and how to do business in Japan. The classroom instruction and workshops are led by business professionals working successfully in Japan.
The second part starts in January with the actual research, analysis and writing of the business plan. Participants are placed onto teams of 5-6 people and paired with a company which is seeking to enter or expand into the Japanese market. JMEC teams, supported by a team mentor and consultant, will spend the next four months preparing a business plan for their client and a panel of JMEC judges. It is through this process that participants gain experience they can use to propel their career either at their current company or at any job in the future.
This 7-month business program costs JPY150,000.
- English speaking professionals living in Japan who want to improve their business skills, broaden their network and achieve higher career & personal goals
- 50% Japanese and 50% foreign
- 8 years working in Japan on average
- Age range: 25-52 years old
- Average age: 33 years old
- 50% male and 50% female
- Over 15 different nationalities represented
Funding Your Business Training
Through JMEC supporting chambers and sponsors, funding is available for qualified applicants.
1. ACCJ - The American Chamber of Commerce provides a full or partial scholarship to applicants who are members or employees of companies who are members of the Chamber. To apply, check the ACCJ Chamber box in the JMEC application.
2. ANZCCJ - The Australian New Zealand Chamber of Commerce provides applicants who are members or employees of companies who are members of the Chamber. To apply, check the ANZCCJ Chamber box in the JMEC application.
3. NCCJ - The Netherlands Chamber of Commerce in Japan provides a scholarship to participants who are members or employees of companies who are members of the Chamber. To apply, check the NCCJ Chamber box in the JMEC application.
4. DAIJOB - As a registered user you may apply directly on-line through Daijob.com in English or for the application in Japanese. You will also need to fill out the JMEC on-line application as well. The contest runs from September 3 - October 10th. Winners will be notified by October 12th.
5. ICONIC - As a registered user you may apply directly on-line through Iconic.com. The contest runs from September 1 - October 1st. Winners will be notified by October 5th.
6. FEW - Members of For Empowering Women (FEW) can qualify for a full or partial scholarship. Apply directly through JMEC and indicate you are applying for the FEW scholarship.